Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Songs and Dishes

Hello Blogfam


The highlights of my day

Today, I sang at a concert series in my graduate school
I did a couple of songs, one of which was 'Dance with my father', the other was an original I co-wrote with my pal Charlie X from Lagos Nigeria
I did get really emotional singing the songs, cos they came from my heart
The feedback I have gotten from the audience says I wasn't alone

I have tried to add a few more words to this
But I am shamelessly coming up with nothing
Maybe it's the hunger or the anger
Following my roommate burning my chicken stew
[Weeping loudly]

And now the sink is filled with dishes and a burnt pot
I have decided to not wash them
In defiance to my charred meal and angry tummy
...actually I may just do the dishes: Motivation by low blood sugar
Shaking my head [did I mention, its been raining for 2 days] YUCK!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! So my roommate has done the dishes and is making this amazing stew now! (doing the azonto dance)

    ReplyDelete